We offer training courses leading to qualifications and a variety of less formal skills and information sessions.
To book onto a course tel: 01736 334667 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, complete this short training form giving us details of your group and the type of training you require.
- Level 3 Award in Education and Training – 5 all day sessions starting Wednesday 27th June and continuing on the following Wednesdays 4th, 11th, 18th and 25th July at CRCC offices in Truro. The course content will help you understand the roles and responsibilities in relation to teaching, understand appropriate teaching and learning approaches within the candidate’s specialist area, plan, deliver and evaluate micro-teaching sessions or assessed practice in a real work environment, understand the use of assessment methods and record-keeping.
- GDPR for Community Groups – This short course will help representatives from community groups to understand the requirements of the new GDPR regulations and how to implement these within their organisation. Participants will receive a tool kit to help them implement proportionate changes.
22nd June 2018 at CRCC offices in Truro
- Drugs Now – New Drugs, New Trends, New Issues – The course is suitable for all staff who require up to date information on new drugs trends and how to advise clients who may be accessing these “new generation” substances and is running on the 3rd July at PCDT in Penzance.
- Learn Your Way – Are you aged 16 – 24 with an Education, Health and Care Plan? Would you like to Learn Your Way? A free full-time programme of education starting in September. Click here for more details and contact us on 01736 334667 to make an enquiry.
- Social Media – half day workshop
- Measuring Impact – half day workshop
- Developing Positive Working Relationships Emotional intelligence, Building rapport, Managing Conflict – 1 day
- Communication, Communication, Communication Public speaking, Listening skills, Writing Skills – 1 day
- Achieving Excellence Planning, People, Partnerships, Performance Management – 1 day
- Developing High Performing Teams Positivity, Personalities, Leadership, Goals, Synergy – 1 day
- Managing Ourselves Assertiveness, Time Management, Achieving our Goals – 1 day
- Tools for Life Responsibility, Self Awareness, Inspiration, Imagination, Perspiration, Focus, Reinforcing Boundaries, Solution Not Pollution, Learning, Circle of Life – 1 day
- Understanding Coaching and Mentoring Skills – 2 days
- Developing Transformational Leadership Skills – 2 days
- Essential Leadership, Coaching & Mentoring Skills – 3 days
- Mental Health Awareness – 2 days
- Mental Mindfulness and Wellbeing – 2 days
VCSE: Upskilling the voluntary sector in Cornwall. If organisations fits into this sector then it may be possible to train their employees and/or volunteers for FREE. There is an eligibility process to go through but this is usually straightforward and relatively pain free. If you would like more information on accessing training for free under this funding then please do get in contact with us to start the sign up process.
CSW: Funding under the Skills for Young People umbrella. This is a 12 week programme for young people aged 15+ who are at risk for becoming NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training). If you are an organisation who work with these young people then we may be able to provide you with an exclusive programme. Alternatively, look out for our start dates on the Positive Perspectives Programme and contact us to book a place.
Learn Your Way: An Adult Education funded programme for young people aged 16-24 with learning disabilities who have an Education, Health & Care Plan. This is a mixture of classroom and work experience over 3 days per week where you gain qualification and work experience as part of the programme. This programme is for 1 year but learners have the opportunity of staying on for a second year. This is a full time programme of study and is free to those with an EHCP. Contact us for more information.
Apprenticeships: We currently offer Level 2 apprenticeships in Youth Work. Please keep an eye on our vacancies page for upcoming apprenticeship opportunities. Alternatively, if this is something that you would like to do in 2018 please contact us.