We have rooms available to hire in Truro and Penzance.
In Truro the conference room has capacity for approx 16 people (board room style) and is equipped with a hearing loop and a large screen TV for presentations or videos. Plus a smaller meeting room, comfortably seating approx six people. Both can be hired for a full day, half day or hourly as required.
Please see more details below. For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01872 243539.
Please make sure you read the Terms and Conditions below before filling in and submitting the form.
- On receipt of invoice, payment to be made to CRCC at least 7 days before the booking.
- The hirer shall, when making the booking, inform CRCC of all their requirements for the room and likely numbers attending. If using own equipment, it should be PAT tested.
- We reserve the right to levy a cleaning charge if rooms are not left in a clean and tidy condition.
- It is the hirer’s responsibility to ensure visitors are aware of the location of fire extinguishers and exit routes and also comply with the guidelines located in the meeting room.
Cornwall Rural Community Charity would prefer payments by bacs using the following information:
Bank name – Lloyds TSB
Bank sort code – 30 98 76
Bank account number – 1682296
Please email remittances to email@example.com
If bacs payments are not possible, please make cheques payable to Cornwall Rural Community Charity.
In the unfortunate circumstance that you have to cancel your confirmed booking prior to the event, the following scale of cancellation charges will apply:
- Less than 7 days prior to the booked date – 100% of pre-booked total
- Between 8-30 days prior to the booked date -50% of pre-booked total
- Between 31-60 days prior to the booked date – 25% of pre-booked total
- Between 61-180 days prior to the booked date – 10% of pre-booked total
Notification of cancellation should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
As each attendee arrives for the meeting they must sign in the visitor’s book in reception or the organiser should take a meeting register. This is a useful register of occupants in the event of a fire and also for security purposes. Once the meeting has finished each individual must ensure that they sign out as they leave. It is the meeting organiser’s responsibility to ensure that all attendees are safely off the premises at the end of the session and that the building is left clean, tidy and secure. Attendees should be advised by the meeting organiser of the location of the toilet facilities – the ‘ladies’ are towards the back of the building on the ground floor and the ‘gents’ on the first floor at the top of the stairs. Attendees should not enter any offices in other areas of the building.
Unfortunately, we do not have disability access. Please phone for details 01872 273952.
Health and Safety
The meeting organiser must explain the basic fire procedures in the event of the alarm sounding. In the event of a fire, attendees must leave as quickly and safely as possible and meet at the designated meeting point (Mansion Place – opposite the CRCC office). The meeting organiser will take the fire register.
A kettle or hot water flask will be provided, along with tea, coffee, milk, sugar and biscuits. The meeting organiser is responsible for ensuring that the room is left in a clean and tidy state.
IF YOU DISCOVER A FIRE:
- Raise the alarm by pressing the nearest break alarm – inform all occupants of your meeting as quickly and calmly as possible
- Only tackle the fire if you are competent to use the equipment provided without undue risk to yourself – fire extinguishers are provided throughout the building
- Leave by the nearest exit, closing all doors behind you and report to the assembly point (Mansion House – opposite the CRCC building)
IF YOU HEAR THE FIRE ALARM:
- Evacuate the building via the nearest exit
- Close all doors behind you
- Do not stop to collect personal belongings
- Make sure you escort your visitors to the assembly point
- Meet at the designated fire assembly point (Mansion House)
- A fire register will be taken by the CRCC fire marshall
- CALL THE FIRE BRIGADE
- DO NOT SHOUT OR RUN – THIS TENDS TO CAUSE PANIC
FIRE SAFETY ADVICE:
- Do not take risks
- Keep fire doors closed
- Make note of the position of your nearest exit, alarm and extinguisher
- Turn off portable fans or convector heaters etc. when the room is left unattended or at the end of the meeting
- In the event of an evacuation, please do not return to the building until told to do so
We are happy for you to bring your own lunch to our premises or alternatively, here are a few options for you to consider:
Places to eat locally
Charlotte’s Tea Rooms – next door to our office (up two flights of stairs). Sandwiches, cakes, pastries etc.
Tel: 01872 263706
Pizza Express – two doors away from our office. Pizza, pasta,salad, etc.
Tel: 01872 263617
Duke Street Deli – located near our office at 10 Duke Street, Truro, open from 8.00 am. Pre-order sandwich platters. Sandwiches, salads bowls, pastries, cold drinks, etc.
Tel: 01872 320025
County Café – at 20 River Street, Truro, a five minute walk or they can deliver. Pre-order sandwich platters etc.
Tel: 01872 242468
Warrens Bakery – located near our office at 12 Victoria Square, Truro. Pasties, sandwiches, and cakes.
Tel: 01872 272069