We offer training courses leading to qualifications and a variety of less formal skills and information sessions.
To book onto a course tel: 01736 334667 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, complete this short training form giving us details of your group and the type of training you require.
- Learn Your Way – Are you aged 16 – 24 with an Education, Health and Care Plan? Would you like to Learn Your Way? A free full-time programme of education starting in September. Click here for more details and contact us on 01736 334667 to make an enquiry.
- Drugs now – This one day course examines the rapid growth in the use of “legal highs”, the increasingly important role the internet plays in the supply of drugs, and the provision of harm reduction information via the drug forums.The course is taking place on the 14th November 2018 2 Princes Street, Truro at 9.30am to 4.30pm. The cost is £80 but funding may be available for people who work or volunteer within the Voluntary Sector. Please ask for information. For more information contact 01736 334674 or email email@example.com
- Measuring Impact and Social Value – AreThis short course will help VCSE organisations to understand how to demonstrate their impact, using a tool that has a robust evidence base. During the course you will have the opportunity to try the Social Value Engine and to use it on a project of your choice. You will need to bring a laptop to the training. It will be running on the 6th & 20th September (it is essential to attend both days) at PCDT Penzance, 9.30am to 4.30pm. Learners will need to bring their own laptop. The cost will be £150. Funding may be available. Please enquire. For more information contact 01736 334674 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Award in Information Advice & Guidance – An introductory qualification for learners who work or want to work directly with clients in organisations providing advice and guidance services. These services may include careers guidance, government agencies, youth work and youth justice, schools, colleges, training providers, universities, prison services, trade unions, charitable and voluntary services as well as health and social care environments. You will learn: how to establish communication with clients for advice and guidance, how to support clients to make use of the advice and guidance service, how to develop interactions with advice and guidance clients the importance of legislation and procedures. The course dates are Thursdays 18th and 25th October and 8th November at 9:45am -4pm in Penzance. The cost is £350.00 but funding may be available for people who work or volunteer within the Voluntary Sector. Please call us to discuss your eligibility on 01736 334674 or email email@example.com
- Social Media – half day workshop
- Measuring Impact – half day workshop
- Developing Positive Working Relationships Emotional intelligence, Building rapport, Managing Conflict – 1 day
- Communication, Communication, Communication Public speaking, Listening skills, Writing Skills – 1 day
- Achieving Excellence Planning, People, Partnerships, Performance Management – 1 day
- Developing High Performing Teams Positivity, Personalities, Leadership, Goals, Synergy – 1 day
- Managing Ourselves Assertiveness, Time Management, Achieving our Goals – 1 day
- Tools for Life Responsibility, Self Awareness, Inspiration, Imagination, Perspiration, Focus, Reinforcing Boundaries, Solution Not Pollution, Learning, Circle of Life – 1 day
- Understanding Coaching and Mentoring Skills – 2 days
- Developing Transformational Leadership Skills – 2 days
- Essential Leadership, Coaching & Mentoring Skills – 3 days
- Mental Health Awareness – 2 days
- Mental Mindfulness and Wellbeing – 2 days
VCSE: Upskilling the voluntary sector in Cornwall. If organisations fits into this sector then it may be possible to train their employees and/or volunteers for FREE. There is an eligibility process to go through but this is usually straightforward and relatively pain free. If you would like more information on accessing training for free under this funding then please do get in contact with us to start the sign up process.
CSW: Funding under the Skills for Young People umbrella. This is a 12 week programme for young people aged 15+ who are at risk for becoming NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training). If you are an organisation who work with these young people then we may be able to provide you with an exclusive programme. Alternatively, look out for our start dates on the Positive Perspectives Programme and contact us to book a place.
Learn Your Way: An Adult Education funded programme for young people aged 16-24 with learning disabilities who have an Education, Health & Care Plan. This is a mixture of classroom and work experience over 3 days per week where you gain qualification and work experience as part of the programme. This programme is for 1 year but learners have the opportunity of staying on for a second year. This is a full time programme of study and is free to those with an EHCP. Contact us for more information.
Apprenticeships: We currently offer Level 2 apprenticeships in Youth Work. Please keep an eye on our vacancies page for upcoming apprenticeship opportunities. Alternatively, if this is something that you would like to do in 2018 please contact us.