CRCC has been commissioned by Cornwall Council to administer a small grants scheme as part of the Council’s Together for Families programme.
The grant is aimed at Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) organisations already delivering, or potentially delivering, services in the community to the hardest to reach families. The purpose of the grant is to improve outcomes for families with complex needs through achieving the following objectives:
- Get adults into work or onto a work programme
- Increase school attendance and reduce exclusion rates
- Reduce crime and antisocial behaviour
- Improve health and wellbeing
- Reduce costs to the public purse over time
The primary aim of the scheme is to enable the VCSE to build on current delivery and practice and to deliver innovative approaches which assertively engage and empower families to improve and sustain outcomes in order to:
- Move away from criminal and antisocial behaviour
- Support children and their families to lead safer lives
- Increase opportunities for children and their families to return to mainstream education
- Reduce the risk factors and increase the protective factors of the family and children who are involved or at risk of becoming further involved in offending and antisocial behaviour
- Support adults and young people at risk of NEET (Not in Employment, Education or Training) in moving closer to employment and reduce their reliance on workless benefits and experiences of Financial Exclusion.
Families eligible for support from grant-funded organisations will need to meet two of the following criteria:
- Parent and children involved in crime and antisocial behaviour
- Children who have not been attending school regularly
- Children who need help
- Families affected by domestic violence and abuse
- Parents and children with ranges of health problems
- Adults out of work or at risk of financial exclusion and young people at risk or Worklessness
Constituted organisations can apply for a grant between £500 and £7000 per year and the first grant round is now open!
Applications can be made online via our Grants page or for a paper copy, please call us on 01872 273952.